Here is Bulletin_2016-09-11
Analysis and Commentary
1. Absence Extended: There will be Communion Services on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this coming week. One wonders why we at St. Peter’s are never told about these absences in advance nor are we told where Father will be. I prefer meditating upon the Mysteries of the Rosary over meditating upon the mysteries of the parish. The parish mysteries are an unnecessary distraction.
2. Opportunity Continues to Knock: On page 3 of the bulletin you will note a repeat appearance of the item “REPRESENTATIVE NEEDED FOR THE PASTORAL COUNCIL FOR THE 8:30AM MASS”. (Please refer to what we said last week in For the Sheep in Exile – Bulletin 2016-09-04) It appears that no one yet has responded to our plea for someone who reads this blog to volunteer. Some may be thinking about it, but they haven’t acted yet. So, once again we ask, if you are reading this, and you attend the 8:30AM Mass with any regularity, please email Father immediately and tell him you want to be the new representative for that Mass. This is your chance to speak up for St. Peter’s and work to place the salvation of human souls on a higher level than the quest to save polar bears and other fuzzy creatures.
3. A Conference for Catholic women over 40: On page 2 you will find the following notice:
FUTURE WITH HOPE WOMEN CONFERENCE
Something special is coming to our diocese October 21-22 … the first Future with Hope Women’s Conference for Catholic women over 40. See the enclosed flyer for more information. [Unfortunately, there was no flyer enclosed when Fre3d Capra and Petition received their early edition of the bulletin.]
Without going into detail, our research shows that the conference and the speakers should be OK. It’s difficult for me personally to give a glowing endorsement for two reasons, neither of which should be considered reason enough for you not to attend:
- The first reason is the cost: “Your $175 Future with Hope Women conference fee includes” … Considering the cost of speakers, travel, venue, etc., the fee is probably justified.
- The second reason is merely my overly active Spidy sense tingling at the sight of this picture and caption:
Did our Radical Pastor have a hand in any of the conference planning and training?