Here is Bulletin_2015-09-13.
Analysis and Commentary:
1. Vacation Again, Again?!: There will be Communion Services on 14, 16, 17 and 18 September. (My apologies on two points from last week. First, I said August but meant September. Next, the bulletin listed Monday the 7th as a Communion Service, but there was actually a Mass.) It appears that our Pastor is again on vacation or possibly retreat. The bulletin provides no explanation. It is unclear whether Father will be here for Masses on Saturday the 12th or Sunday the 13th. Why is it that Father is not communicating with his flock?
It must be said that these frequent absences have afforded Deacon Benyo the opportunity to develop some beautifully spiritual and instructional themes in his homilies. We are thankful for his ordination and growth in his vocation.
2. Warning Flag: My time this weekend is very limited and I won’t be able to to do justice to the research needed to unravel the item about the International Day of Prayer For Peace. Yet, many of you do your own research and it doesn’t take you long to figure out the true nature of some news items. So let’s take a quick look at the item.
International Day of Prayer For Peace
Join Unity in the Community at Holy Family Catholic Church on Sunday, September 20 from 3 to 6 p.m. for the International Day of Prayer and Peace. Unity in the Community is hosting an interfaith event to mark the International Day of Prayer for Peace, with the theme of “Sharing Our Sacred Journeys Toward Peace.” Please bring a dish to share at the fellowship supper following the service. Participants are also invited to contribute non-perishable items for the food pantries at ACTS and Northern Virginia Family Service (SERVE). Holy Family Catholic Church is located at 14160 Ferndale Rd., Woodbridge, VA
Notes for Consideration:
- We have added links for all the named organizations to save you time in your research.
- The pastor of Holy Family Catholic Church is Fr. Gerry Creedon, a long-time social justicism associate of our Pastor.
- Our Pastor and Fr. Creedon were very active in Virginians Organized for Interfaith Community Engagement (VOICE). VOICE is directly associated with the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF), founded by Saul Alinsky.
- Unity in the Community is very familiar with Fr. Creedon and VOICE. Please see Unity in the Community, General Membership Meeting, 6:30 P.M., Sunday, June 17, 2012 for details.
- Our best guess is that the event to take place at Holy Family on September 20th will be more about social justicism than about sincere prayer for peace. What a great opportunity to recruit the unwary.
- Click on the links, explore, take notes, draw diagrams associating people and places and see what you find. We think a warning flag is in order.