Here is Bulletin_2015-04-05
1. Parish Bulletin: You will find on the St. Peter’s Website that finally there is a page where you can view and download the Parish Bulletin. There is a note on the page that reads: “You do not have permission to add comments.” The Sheep of Kephas blog, however, welcomes your comments, providing they are respectful.
2. YouTube Homilies: On the St. Peter’s Website you will also find a link to Gospel Reading & Homily at St. Peter’s that are posted on YouTube. The postings are sporadic and, to date, there have been no video’s of Deacon Benyo’s homilies. Once again, the Sheep of Kephas blog welcomes your comments, providing they are respectful.
3. Confirmation: This week’s bulletin (not yet posted on St. Peter’s Website) informs us that the Sacrament of Confirmation will be administered by Bishop Loverde on April 18.
CONFIRMATION WILL BE APRIL 18
9 of our youth from St. Peter and 9 youths from our Lady of the Valley will be confirmed by Bishop Loverde on April 18 at 10 am. Come and help our youth celebrate this important step in their faith life. Afterwards you will be able to talk with Bishop Loverde who is retiring this year. Many thanks, to Felix Hernandez the confirmation catechist.
There are three points that my wife and I take away from this:
- Whether you can attend the celebration or not, please pray for the Confirmandi. This Sacrament is of special importance in our day and age because:
“- it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross:” (CCC-1303)
- Bishop Loverde is retiring this year. Under Bishop Keating and Bishop Loverde the Diocese of Arlington has been notable in its orthodoxy. The Faithful in the Diocese of Boise have looked to Arlington and have maintained a hope that some day their Diocese could be as ours. We should pray now that we are blessed with a strong and faithful new shepherd for the Diocese of Arlington.
- Talk with the Bishop? My wife and I suppose it would be out of place and disrespectful to address our concerns about St. Peter’s directly to the Bishop at a Confirmation celebration. On the other hand, those of who have written to the Bishop or met with Fr. Scalia have received no feedback that the Bishop is aware of their concerns. In this case, prudence and respect probably take precedence.